1. Who planned and organized this capital campaign?
Hartfield Academy’s Board of Trustees undertook a strategic planning effort, and an agenda for action was established. A fundraising consulting firm was engaged to gather information on the desirability and feasibility of the proposed agenda. After careful deliberation, the Board unanimously agreed to proceed with a capital fundraising effort.
2. What are the objectives of the campaign?
Hartfield Academy is seeking to build a new high school facility and a 300+ state of the art theater; to renovate the gym lobby, add 200 seats to gym, and build a practice gym; to renovate the cafeteria; and to relocate the playground.
3. Who will be asked to support the campaign?
Hartfield Academy’s Board, the current parents, grandparents, past parents, alumni, faculty, staff, friends and local community will participate in this fundraising effort.
4. How long is the pledge period?
A pledge period of five years has been established to facilitate the generous levels of giving necessary for the success of the campaign.
5. May I make a contribution other than cash?
Yes. Gifts of appreciated stocks and bonds, real estate, life insurance and charitable trusts will be gratefully received. A planned giving expert will be made available upon request to help you understand the benefits of different methods of giving.
6. How much should I pledge to the campaign?
Only you can decide how much to give. Your pledge should be based on your ability to give, your understanding of the need, and your belief in the mission of Hartfield Academy.
7. May I apply my gift toward a particular aspect of the campaign?
Yes. Many facets of the campaign can be supported with a named gift or a gift made to honor or memorialize someone.
8. Will Hartfield Academy continue annual giving fundraisers while the capital campaign is in effect?
Yes. Annual fundraising, mostly generated through special events, must continue to raise donations to contribute to the portions of the operating budget not covered by tuition. To minimize any detrimental effect on either effort, annual fundraising will be treated as a separate fundraising effort, coordinated with but separate from the capital campaign.
9. Will I be notified when the payments on my pledge are due?
Yes. Regular reminders based on the pledge program you requested will be sent to you.