If your child is involved in Athletics at Hartfield, be sure to download the free “Team App” from the Apple or Google Play app store on your phone. This allows parents to stay connected with their child’s coach, as coaches will use this to communicate news, updates and last minute changes to the parents.
Follow these steps:
1. Download Team App from the Apple or Google Play app store.
2. Sign up to Team App. You will be sent an email to confirm your registration.
3. Log into the App and search for “Hartfield Varsity Football”.
4. Choose your applicable access group(s).
5. If you don’t have a smartphone go to hartfieldvarsityfootball.teamapp.com to sign up and view this App online.
Eligibility requirements regulated by MAIS can be found on their website.
Academic Policy for Extracurricular Activities
Students at Hartfield must meet certain criteria to participate in extracurricular activities (athletics, cheerleading, pageants, plays, etc.). Circumstances such as medical appointments, illness with proper medical excuse, or a death in family are exceptions to this rule as determined by the Headmaster or his/her designee. The following provisions apply to all students participating in extracurricular activities:
- Students are not permitted to participate in inter-scholastic contests for more than four (4) years after entrance into high school or if they have reached the age of 19 prior to August 1st.
- Students who are ineligible the first semester can become eligible for the second semester provided he/she passes four major subjects during the first semester and is not on probation or deemed ineligible by any other standards set by this policy.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum overall 70 average or above in all academic subjects to remain eligible for extracurricular activities. They also may not have an F in any subject area. Students’ averages are checked at 4-week intervals and at the end of each 9-week grading period. Students not maintaining an overall 70 average or who have a failing grade in a class at the aforementioned intervals will be placed on probation. Students on probation and not maintaining an overall 70 average during the next grading interval will be ruled ineligible for games and practice sessions. Eligibility can be regained by acquiring a 70 overall average during the next or any following 4-week grading period and the elimination of the failing grade. Transfer students must meet eligibility requirements immediately upon enrollment in Hartfield.
- Students participating in spring training and/or cheerleading/dance tryouts must be registered for the following school year unless exceptions are made by the Headmaster.
- Students who are absent from school all day on the day of an interscholastic contest (or day before if the contest is on Saturday) will be ineligible to participate. If students are absent for four (4) periods or less, an excused absence must be given to be eligible to participate. Students missing over four (4) periods, but attending school, are eligible IF the absence is due to health reasons as verified by a doctor.
- The administration retains the right to review special cases to grant exceptions in cases of extenuating circumstances.